We often get the question “are you going to be at the Home Show/Expo” each Spring and Fall and customers are often surprised when we say “no”.
Why not? We have chosen to focus on quality, value, comfort and long term service…not just a quick sale. Here’s a few things to consider before dropping big $$$ at a Home Show or Expo event and regretting your purchase for years to come…and if you want to check out some of our best deals, visit our “Hot Tub Demo & Sale” web site.
Let’s face it, hot tubs and saunas are a big investment! Home shows are great for picking up free swag, checking out landscape and design tips, watching demos from the latest and greatest “as-seen-on-TV” products…but they are not the most reliable place to find a hot tub or sauna worth your investment. Let’s consider a few things.
1. Quality. The top selling brands usually aren’t there. The most reliable brands in the industry are typically sold thru brick and mortar, family owned business. Not mixed in with tabletop displays and Vitamix blenders.
2. Comfort. You wouldn’t buy a new car without taking it out for a test drive, right? Sitting in a dry tub is very different than soaking in a tub with water. You need a test soak to make sure the tub fits you. That’s not going to happen at the home show. Atlantic Spas and Billiards offers test soaks to potential buyers so you know that you are purchasing a hot tub that checks all the boxes and our low-pressure professionals are trained to help you find the right spa for YOU!
3. Selection. At a Home Show, the salesperson will try to sell you what’s on display for a quick commission, and if you want, say, a different color you don’t get “the deal”. Atlantic Spas and Billiards can offer you our best deal, everyday, and you can pick the color combination that YOU want.
4. Value. Don’t be mis-lead to think that you are getting THOUSANDS off if you buy TODAY ONLY and take what’s on display at the show. Here’s a secret: Home Shows are expensive to participate in. You’re probably going to over pay because the vendor has to charge you the regular price of the spa or sauna plus the cost of the home show booth and other expenses.
5. Service. Home Shows and Expos are entertaining and fun, but they are here today and gone tomorrow. Who delivers and installs your purchase? Who services it in the future? Who helps you when you have water care or maintenance questions? Atlantic Spas and Billiards is locally owned and operated and we are here to serve YOU for the long haul. We service everything we sell. Always have. Always will.
6. Relaxation. Buying a hot tub or a sauna is a long-term investment, not an impulse buy. We think you should be able to make YOUR decision at home, with a timeline that suits YOUR needs…not the deadlines of a traveling sales show.
7. Peace of Mind. By the time you’ve listened to two or three sales pitches, your head will be spinning! Put your trust in a local, family-owned company that’s been around for 33 years with a tons of referrals, repeat customers and positive online reviews.
Still want to check out hot tubs at a Home Show? Try out these questions on that high-pressure salesperson:
1. Do you have a showroom in my area where I can test soak the models I’m interested in?
2. How long have you been in business? How long has the manufacturer been in business?
3. Can you provide local references and reviews about your hot tubs and/or saunas?
4. Do you have energy cost estimates, certified by an independent lab, for a 4-6-person hot tub used in our area four-five times a week for 30 minutes at a time? How much does this sauna cost to operate?
5. What options do you have for water care that are chlorine and bromine free?
6. What about delivery? Is it driveway drop-off or full service to the exact spot where I want it?
7. Do you do your own service department or contract with a third party?
8. Can you give a copy of the warranty for this hot tub/sauna?
9. What’s your cancellation policy? Can I get a refund of my deposit if I change mind?
Once you’ve had your fill of high-pressure-used-car-sales tactics, come see us at Atlantic Spas and Billiards on Glenwood Ave. in Raleigh, NC or in Wilmington, NC at 6315 Market Street. Visit one of our showrooms for a free test soak, free backyard consultation, and pressure-free information about Hot Spring Spas (the world’s #1 selling hot tub), Caldera Spas, Freeflow Spas and Endless Fitness Systems. You won’t find that at any home show (but sorry, we don’t sell VitaMix mixers).